Position Summary...What you'll do...About Store N o 8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store N o 8 was formed in 2017 as part of Walmart's larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart's core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart's core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term.Emerging tech:
This team within Walmart is designing tools for a seamless customer first, technology enabled shopper experience. From digital and immersive instore experiences to intuitive and simple to engage interfaces that inspires high use and adoption of our various platforms.About the Role
As a Lead Design Researcher, you will represent the perspective of our customers and associates to help support our strategic vision. If you are motivated to help teams understand complex areas of our business, being a Lead Design Researcher could be the fit you've been looking for. Research activities will span from generative work (field work, development of customer models, archetype building) to evaluative work (usability studies, user testing, concept evaluation). Researcher studies will very in scope from understanding underlying motivations and behaviors to understanding how customer dialects vary across regions and modalities.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Create and execute against long-term research roadmaps that align to and inform high-level business strategy and user experience goals.
- Define, execute and invent research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to field research, enterprise research, lab studies and remote testing.
- You have relentless curiosity with the desire to understand the interconnectedness of users, decisions, and actions.
- You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through your research.
- Guide internal as well as external teams and partners to take action aligned with research findings - inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers.
- Provide mentorship to UX, content/dashboard Designs and Products to scale the practice of research within our team.
- Provide thought leadership to product teams.
- Build up repeatable research practices and resources that are leveraged within the UX Design Team.
Nice To Have
- Experience owning and leading design research for one or more broad or complex product areas.
- A strong working knowledge and extensive experience of multiple generative and evaluative research methods, how to apply them in a fast-moving organization, and experience mentoring or coaching other researchers on the use of these methods.
- The ability to translate insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful and actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
- The ability to translate research findings into product priorities and strategic narratives, new business opportunities, within and across different projects.
- Adaptability and a growth-mindset, seeking out and welcoming feedback from senior leaders and managers.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business
Perks and Benefits
- Experience leading research for new an emerging technology product areas examples include non-traditional digital devices, voice and AR technologies
- Knowledge of the content/marketing digital design processes and omni-channel retail experience collaborating with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You recommend how to best address our research goals and questions, so your partners don't have to.
- Startup experience a plus
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 5 years design research experience OR Masters Degree and 4 years design research experience OR PhD and 2 years design research experience OR 9 years design research experience.
Experience conducting quantitative on-line research projects with systems (for example, UserZoom). Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Researching front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS) Primary Location...
2501 SE J STREET SUITE 6, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-7722, United States of America