Position Summary...What you'll do...As a Distinguished technical architect
- Payment Systems, you will be responsible for architecting large-scale distributed and complex payment, settlement, and reconciliation systems.
About the team:Walmart's Payment group
- Architect highly scalable, performant, and cost-efficient centralized omni runtime services to support fast-growing payment traffic.
- Architect highly scalable, performant and cost-efficient data solutions to support fast-growing payment data collection.
- Design solutions and drive projects/programs of high visibility across organizations.
- Lead the discovery phase of large and complex projects/programs to develop high-level design by partnering with cross-function teams and product and project management.
- Develop innovative strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project/program scope; developing long-range plans and deliverable timelines; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
is responsible for enabling the core services and systems that support customers' ability to pay for merchandise whether in stores & clubs or in the eCommerce environment, and to provide a frictionless, bullet-proof payment experience for customers. Walmart is investing in transforming these systems with latest cloud first technologies and we are looking for a talented individual who can use their engineering, software architectural and leadership skills to help our teams solve complex problems. As the primary technical architect of the Payment group, you will be required to influence, collaborate, set direction, mentor and be a servant leader to multiple teams participating and contributing in the transformation of our products and platforms in the payment and settlement area. You'll also assist in driving the transformation of the payment space with peers to unite the physical retail and online payment and settlement/reconciliation systems.You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You'll make an impact by:
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading team, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You're a problem solver and like digging in
- You have a test and learn mentality, and an agile way of working to improve your team's products.
- You're excited about solving complex challenges.
- You're customer-centric in spirit and execution.
- You have direct expertise and exposure working with public cloud technologies.
- You have experience leading engineering teams and implementing technology globally to accomplish goals.
- You can think and design strategic architectures while being able to work in the detail level with juniors to implement.
- Building and leading teams: Mentor and lead architectural and technical goals for globally distributed engineering teams
- Providing cross-functional leadership: Working cross functionally with product, engineering, program, and business teams to deliver omni-solutions across the globe
- Developing and executing plans: Drive the execution of multiple business plans and tech initiatives. Effectively communicate execution, capacity, resource plans, and priorities
- Building strategic relationships: Partner with peer teams to help design omni-presence solution across stores and online
- Operating with excellence - Set an example in managing code quality via reviews, coverage, automation for core application and peer teams. Contribute to technology backlog based on reviews.
Benefits & Perks:
- Bachelor of Science and 6 - 10 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in architecting large distributed systems.
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale data pipelines using big data. technologies (e.g., Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive/Presto/Airflow).
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in object-oriented programming (Java, Scala, C++, etc.)
- 3+ years of payment industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with public or private cloud offerings (e.g., Azure, GCP)
- Strong influencer with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to translate business needs to new technology opportunities while driving technology innovation and solutioning to enterprise scale.
- In-depth knowledge of Java, J2EE, Messaging Technologies (MQ Series, Kafka), Spring Boot, SQL, SQL Databases, Containerization.
- Ability to compare different architectural patterns, software frameworks and tools and suggest the best option given the client requirements.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.We're virtual:
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America