Position Summary...What you'll do...Senior Manager II, Engineering Manager Position Summary
Leads the work of a group of cross-functional group software engineers, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions and collaborates intensively with off-shore engineers and product managers.
At the center of our success is an agile, innovative culture, backed by Fortune 1 support. The ideal candidate will have the following experience and knowledge, but above all, must be passionate about being a part of the solution to deliver high-quality products with a customer first approach.Job Responsibilities
What You'll Do
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Reviewing project requirements and translating requirements into technical solutions
- Directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes) writing and developing code; overseeing software design; reviewing unit test cases
- Communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders
- Directing project team and cross functional teams
- Enhancing design to prevent a recurrence of defects, ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs
- Interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analysing information
- Directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and reviewing and approving online documentation.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partnering with business to define priorities
- Identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Web Operations, Project Management, Business and User Experience teams
Good to have
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
- 2 years' supervisory experience.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience in SAP implementations specific to Material Management (MM), Sales and Distribution (SD), Asset Accounting (AA), Project System Module (PS), Demand Planning (DP), Extended Warehouse Management (EWM), Investment Management & SAP inventory Management. '
- Core Financial and Accounting experience and understanding (SAP FICO/Abap) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Azure Cloud, Windows Server, Unix, Mainframe, Java and .NET
- You're experienced leading teams and implementing technology globally
- Comfortable influencing others, leading team, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
Benefits & Perks:
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who WeAre
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America