Position Summary...What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Senior Manager I, Software Engineering
part of Sam's Club, you will help guide the team, grooming associates through training as well as managing relationships.What you'll do:
- Having good people management skills and a client service mentality is a must. Essentially, this is a mix between being a technical manager and a relationship manager.
- You will help give architecture guidance as well.
- Having several years of management experience of a tech team is helpful, but any management experience will do, as well as a solid knowledge base of process.
- Be able to build relationships with other areas of the business (Product, UX, Ops) and partner with them to build technical solutions for our Associates and Members.
- Ensure Software Quality Engineering by keeping the engineers up to date on best practices, automated code testing, alerts, reporting, and taking a proactive approach to production running app support.
- Work closely with the Program and Product Manager to ensure engineering work is pointed and prioritized correctly.
- Work Cross functionally with your Peers In Club Tech to leverage tools, code, and share ideas to improve all engineering work.
*Not sure where to fit this in but...
Familiarity in an Agile environment is a plus
Retail experience is a plus
Travel may be required
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world's largest retailer. That's the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process .About the Team
As a member of the of the Engineering group, you'll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You'll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America