Position Summary...What you'll do...
Do you enjoy using technology to solve business problems unhindered by complex processes? Store Space Solutions is looking for a top-talent product developer who loves listening to customers, working as a key team member, and delivering a variety of high-quality business solutions. Our aim is to innovate and build robust tools that enable our business customers to create and maintain store-specific space plans that are used to convey corporate space strategies to stores. This involves integration of several different platforms including PC, web and mobile products.What you'll do?
- Participate and perform the design, development, implementation, and deployment of successful processes and products in support of merchandise space planning
- Assist in supporting the existing product stack including some robust thick client apps, web apps, SQL databases and Azure VM's
- Work with cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand and build within system interdependencies and limitations
- Share knowledge in program development, performance, management, testing, and engineering best practices with your peers
- Interact directly with the customers who use our products daily
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems or related field and 4 years professional experience in software development, troubleshooting, and technical coordination OR 6 years professional development, troubleshooting, and technical coordination
- Advanced in OO programming languages such as C# and VB.NET
- Experienced in code management practices using TFS, git and looper
- Experienced in Web Service technology
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Obsession with quality and customer experience - attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in SQL Server Spatial components design and queries
- Experienced in Asp.Net, MVC and REST
- Experienced in GUI design for Single Page Application
- Advanced experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience taking a leading role in designing and building applications that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experienced software engineering best practices for full stack software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Background in distributed computing and service-oriented architectures
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who WeAre
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 4 years' systems engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years' systems engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years' of experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America