Position Summary...What you'll do...About Project Diamond
Project Diamond is an exciting and high-profile project at Walmart whose purpose is to solve the biggest inventory challenges in retail using Artificial Intelligence, mobile devices, and embedded systems. We are a fast-moving, entrepreneurial team who recently graduated from Store No8, Walmart's technology incubator, into Walmart Global Tech. Does the process of building a product from scratch, proving business value and rapidly scaling inspire you? Project Diamond might be just what you're looking for!
Walmart Global Tech is transforming to meet the needs of the future of retail, ensuring that Walmart is that place in which people can grow their careers, and our organization ensures the best experience for the talent we manage and optimal service to the business. Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global Talent teams to influence talent strategy, optimize the recruiting process, and enable the business to make the best hiring decisions. This is that place where your passions meet purpose.About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer (Android) for Global Tech, you will work in a small team of engineers, providing direction and leadership for products that will transform the future of retail shopping. This role requires you to have solid mobile engineering skills. Specialization in mobile cameras, camera integrations, or video processing on mobile phones is essential. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will leverage your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our customers before they walk in the door. You'll be pioneering technologies that reinvent the customer and associate experience, new ways of working, and new ways of shopping.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Software Engineer role with our team could be the fit you've been looking for.
This position features flexibility for remote work with occasional in-office collaboration. In office locations include: New York-Hoboken NJ, Bentonville AR, Dallas TX, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle-Redmond WA.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Join a newly created team as one of the early engineers and will have significant opportunity to make an impact by prototyping next generation online and in-store inventory experiences
- Lead discovery phases to come up with high level designs, partnering with product management to forecast business and operational issues (impact, criticality, root cause)
- Design, prototype and build new and innovative experiences that leverage the capabilities of computer vision on mobile.
- Develop innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading with internal technical teams and partnering with cross functional teams; developing assessments of key opportunities, documenting, communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
What Wows Us
- 4+ years of experience in Android UI design & development; 4+ years' overall agile software development, preferably in two or more of the following areas: Computer Vision, AR/VR, video processing, or image processing.
- Experience with Kotlin required
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks/libraries: Camera X, Camera 2 API, TensorFlow Lite, OpenCV, FFMpeg
- Experience with two or more of the following frameworks/libraries: PyTorch, OpenCV, Keras, TensorFlow (lite), Cuda, SciPy, NumPy, BoofCV
- Experience with low powered devices such as development boards: raspberry pi, Arduino, Coral, Jetson, etc. or mobile phones.
- Experience with pushing mobile hardware to the limits.
- Experience working in small teams/incubators
- Experience with Java, C++, Jetpack, Dart, Flutter, Compose, or Python
#LI-Remote Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
2501 SE J STREET SUITE 6, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-7722, United States of America