Position Summary...What you'll do...What you'll do...
It's exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer
to support the Finance Technology.About the Team
As a part of Walmart Finance Technology - Management Decision Support, we build industry defining Planning, Forecasting, Intelligent Reporting analytics capabilities that are driver based and enabled by User access driven data models, Machine Learning and statistical modeling that enable transparency, governance, and automation. The goals include Creating a Finance OnDemand model for improved Business partner experience; standardizing the core and utilizing predictive analytics to uncover insights faster.
You will be in the unique position to be of service to associates as a member of this organization supporting all segments of Walmart Finance. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for financial data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion for privacy, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the product - then this role could be for you. The ideal candidate will be a driver for any given workstream within the program, working closely with the engineering and business teams to take an idea thru implementation and stabilization.
Also, you will be positioned to work on building re-usable frameworks for centralized data flow monitoring & Data Quality like impact-based alerting, orchestrate with multiple systems in the landscape to provide end-to-end visibility and connectivity between the systems to achieve a business goal. Identifies data gaps upfront. Provides visibility into data correctness, completeness, accuracy for downstream systems. Enabling data transparency, insights hence help kick off the data remediation process in upstream systemsYou'll really wow us if...
You'll make an impact by...
- You are a driver, takes responsibility to ensure timely delivery
- You are passionate, driven and humble in your approach
- You're excited about solving challenges
- You're team-centric in spirit and in execution
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You're leading and participating in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions, gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames).
- You're writing and developing code; conducting unit testing, communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders, collaborating with project team and cross functional teams.
Responsibilities & Qualifications...
- Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility.
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a "best-in-class" customer experience.
- Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
- Over 8+ years of experience in Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership.
- Strong Java, Spring framework, Kafka, SQL and cloud experience such as Azure.
- Strong experience in RESTful Microservices
- Container technologies such as Docker on Kubernetes
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Clear Communication, including the ability to create functional charts
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD (KITT)
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Being an independent thinker and problem solver
- Being able to understand UI tech stack, needs and limitations
- Strong sense of urgency
- 8+ years of software development (Java or Python, Pysprak is preferable)
- Solid skills in java stack (Spring, Maven, Hibernate)
- Solid experience with REST APIs
- Strong experience within the Cloud Services using Azure or Google GCP
- Experience with Spark Engine (Databrick or DataProc)
- Experience working with building Data Engineering Pipelines
- Experience with UI tech stack like React JS
- Experience using source control systems (git)
- Experience with working with CI/CD (Jenkins/Travis)
- Experience with working with cloud deployments (scaling, resiliency, load balancing etc)
- Experience leading 6-8 junior engineers from a technical delivery standpoint
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MSSQL, GCP BigQuery)
- Experience working with message stream systems (Pub/Sub -Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in agile environment (Scrum, daily standups etc)
- Experience of delivering and supporting a large-scale production system
- Experience with being a core contributor to a software project: understanding domain and business requirements, being responsible for critical parts of the application
- Experience working with logging and application monitoring stack: Splunk, Dynatrace,Grafana
- Good communication skills, working in multi-team project
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more, such as opportunities for upward advancement.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
805 SE Moberly Ln, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America