Position Summary...What you'll do...
Walmart is looking for a mid-senior level Software Engineer who will work on Walmart's strategic omni-channel customer experience product called GIF or Global Integrated Fulfillment. Products that this person will support include Online Grocery, Pick-up Today, Site-to-Store and Grocery Delivery services. This product is currently supporting stores and clubs in US, UK, Canada and Mexico. We believe and live-by automate-everything. Peak your interest? Keep reading!You'll sweep us off our feet if you have:
You'll make an impact by having:
- Strong Java, Spring framework, Kafka, SQL and cloud experience such as Azure.
- Strong experience in RESTful Microservices
- Container technologies such as Docker on Kubernetes
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Clear Communication, including the ability to create functional charts
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Being an independent thinker and problem solver
- Strong sense of urgency
Benefits & Perks:
- 3+ years of software development (Java is preferable)
- Solid skills in java stack (Spring, Maven, JaxRs, Hibernate)
- Strong experience within the Cloud using Azure
- Experience with using Linux command line tools
- Experience using source control systems (git)
- Experience with working with CI/CD (Jenkins/Travis)
- Experience with working with cloud deployments (scaling, resiliency, load balancing etc)
- Experience leading 3-4 junior engineers from a technical delivery standpoint
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MSSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase)
- Experience working with message stream systems (Kafka, IBMMQ)
- Experience working in agile environment (Scrum, daily standups etc)
- Experience with being a core contributor to a software project: understanding domain and business requirements, being responsible for critical parts of the application
- Experience working with logging and application monitoring stack: Splunk, Grafana, Dynatrace
- Good communication skills, working in multi-team project
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who WeAre
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America