What you'll do...
Become a part of an innovative technology team for Fortune 1 developing products that change how associates and visitors work, collaborate, and utilize Walmart campuses. We are looking for a candidate interested in developing and growing new technologies that deliver world-class experiences in this space.
As a software engineer III, you will work independently and guide small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects including new products, features, and proof-of-concepts. You will also partner with other engineers and user experience designers to evaluate the approaches used for new feature sets and architecture decisions.
Our projects range from small to large, but they are all part of complex initiatives that impact the Walmart corporate new home office campus experience. You will help our team by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solutions based on return on investment and value-added to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wireframes); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with the project team and cross-functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring the solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes, and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
We want someone that is a team player. In our environment, we plan sprint work each week. We have regular touchpoints as a development team to show our progress and help one another. Our ways of working require this role to assist the team with knowledge transfers, ensure quality code by doing peer reviews and setting standards, and being an active participant in scrum ceremonies. We thrive on achieving goals and making our products better as a team.
Most importantly, you must be okay with a fast-paced and truly agile development environment. You will be context switching between the work and weekly planning, so the ability to see both near and long term needs/implications is critical.
Supporting our users and business is essential. You will provide support to the company by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
You will troubleshoot business and production issues by gathering information (for example, case, impact, criticality, a possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce the future problems; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the project; interpreting the results to determine further action and completing online documentation. You will set yourself apart if you can evaluate and represent the value of the changes that you implement. It will be essential for you to tell the story of our feature enhancements as they are implemented.
Your development and growth are essential. As a part of our team, we expect that you take time to invest in your growth and to stay up to date on the tech stacks that you will frequently develop. Your expertise should span beyond the tech stack to understand the products' vision, strategy, and users.
Our culture and ways of working are an essential part of what makes us successful. As a part of our team, we need you to model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest integrity, ethics, and compliance standards.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and working methods.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an Omni merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversification of ideas and perspectives and diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Employer Job Listing Link