What you'll do...
Systems/DevOps Engineer (Linux)
We are looking for a Systems/DevOps Engineer who is passionate and enthusiastic. You are about helping to shape the future of Walmart Store Technology! Team player skills, and a collaborative mindset. We work hard and play harder, so a great attitude and sense of humor is a bonus.
• Experience designing, implementing and automating distributed system solutions.
• 3-5 years hands-on Linux Administration experience in a production environment using Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, Debian and/or SuSe SLES.
• Programming/Scripting experience (Bash and/or Python, Ruby).
• Experience in Automating processes.
• Experience in Configuration Management Tools (Puppet, Ansible).
• Experience in GIT or a similar Version Control system.
• Good written and Oral communication skills.
• You are a fast learner and have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making skills.
• Experience in Virtualization/Hypervisors (VMware, Nutanix, etc.).
• Hands-on experience with Kubernetes administration and Containers (Docker, etc.).
• Server Hardware knowledge (Lenovo, Dell, HP).
• CI/CD Pipeline experience.
• ServiceNow ticketing system.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
• You have a deep interest and passion for technology and want to build the next generation of store compute technology.
• You are curious about building highly available, highly resilient systems with single-digit latency; and want to build them in real life, solving new challenges and learning new things.
• You have had a role that consists of designing, developing code, bug fixing, and DevOps.
• You want to work in a company where 56 million items are sold on a holiday at 1000 transactions per second around 11,000 locations worldwide!
• You have excellent communication with interpersonal skills.
• You are self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
• You take ownership and deliver on commitment.
• You have superior analytical skills and a good problem-solving attitude.
• You have strong oral and written communication skills.
• You can quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• You have In-depth knowledge with VMWare and vSAN management and concepts
• You come from the retail industry.
Benefits & Perks: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who WeAre : Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech : Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their faces. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Beinghuman ledis our true disruption .
We're virtual Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 2 years' OR Master of Science and 1 year's systems engineering experience OR 4 years' systems engineering experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Employer Job Listing Link