Position Summary...What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
At Sam's Club, we are developing the next generation of capabilities in member savings space - disrupting the current membership offerings and reimagining the future. We are building these new features on newly built modern systems leveraging open-source software stack and cutting-edge cloud-based infrastructure. To support our business needs, these capabilities need to handle massive throughput and be adaptable to an ever-changing/adapting omnichannel landscape.
As a Senior Software Engineer
part of Sam's Global Technologies Team, you will be responsible for building cutting edge cloud native backend services to build NextGen Sam's Club membership platform which are omnichannel in nature. You will collaborate with cross-functional software and quality engineers by building best in class automation solutions to tackle complex problems.What you'll do:
- Research latest industry trends in Software engineering, Distributed Computing, Microservices and Cloud Computing to enhance Sam's Club technology resources and the experiences for both our associates and members.
- Take a data driven approach and propose solutions that aim at achieving the best in industry performance and experiences.
- Apply machine learning and other modern cloud computing solutions to tackle big data and create new insights that generate value for the company and its customers.
- Design and build the next generation omnichannel membership platform in the public cloud
- Develops and maintains scalable cloud native containerized microservices and builds out new integrations to support continuing increases in business needs and complexity.
- Adherence to 100% automation and completely automated CI/CD as part of development phase
- Deliver high performant highly scalable next gen cloud ready products with at most quality and resiliency along
- Creates tools for self-service data and cluster management
- Collaborates with cross functional teams within the company on productionizing projects
- Implements processes and systems to monitor system health and data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Java, Spring Framework, MVC architecture
- Hands on experience with public cloud platforms like Azure or Google - Especially Azure AKS, Azure DevOps, CosmosDB etc
- Expertise in NoSQL based databases - Cassandra, MongoDB, CosmosDB etc
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience in performance tuning and optimizations of highly scalable microservices
- Proven expertise in DevOps domain with experience in developing automated CI/CD pipelines
- Proficient in building containerized cloud native applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with public cloud platforms like Azure or Google
- Previous experience working with a distributed team.
- Demonstrated expertise in architecting and deploying test automation solutions at scale.
- Experience integrating E2E automated test cases in CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in working with cross functional teams to deliver initiatives at enterprise scale.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world's largest retailer. That's the Walmart experience. Intrigued?You'll really wow us if...
You'll make an impact by...
- Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- You come to the table with a comprehensive knowledge of JAVA as well as Agile methodologies.
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
- You level up when you have the opportunity to teach others and empower those around you to excel.
- Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a "best-in-class" customer experience.
- Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process .About the Team
As a member of the of the Engineering group, you'll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You'll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America