Position Summary...What you'll do...Sr Java ArchitectAbout the team:The Membership Core Team provides backend systems for all Sam's Membership services. With Sam's Club being a member-based business, most applications across Sam's Tech leverage these backend systems. It's a highly visible area that continually strives to improve member services and benefits to support the growth of the Sam's Club business.You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You'll make an impact by:
- 7+ years full-time professional software development experience using Java
- 3+ years on Azure Cloud Stack (Bonus: Experience on Cosmos DB)
- 2+ years in architecting large scale solution (Bonus: Experience on Kubernetes)
- Enthusiasm for our mission: You're excited to build systems that support millions of members
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level. You should be able to design database schemas in extensible way.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and are happy to learn more. Our codebase is primarily in Java.
- Product sense: You create more than beautiful code. Engineers at Sam's Club play a crucial role in choosing what we build and how we build it.
- Penchant for collaboration & a team player: You enjoy working cross collaboratively to drive impact across orgs. You believe that you can achieve more on a team, that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Benefits & Perks: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.About Global Tech Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, datascientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.We're virtual Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
- Work with product engineering teams to identify, design and build solutions that help scale our services and platforms.
- Architect the systems, lead teams, mentor engineers and drive project quality metrics.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Build elegant backend platform components for high throughput and low latency distributed systems.
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms.
- You will work with technologies like Rx Java, NoSQL, Azure Cloud Stack, Kubernetes environment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America