Position Summary...What you'll do...What You Will Do
- Design client-side architecture patterns that can be applied to mobile and web, entailing integration with multiple backend systems.
- Design, Document, communicate, evangelize, advocate for, and optimize cross-functional Cloud/system-level designs
- Lead the way in making connections between Infrastructure ( Cloud) and Applications
- Create and maintain technical documentation for operational readiness in normal operations and high availability
- Design and maintain security best practices
- Drive significant architectural decisions about the next iterations of our Cloud and application architectures that will improve efficiency and reduce spend
- Provide troubleshooting expertise during operational issues
- Train, educate, and mentor others not just in your team but in other technology teams too
- Solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products. Including leading buy vs build discussions
In addition to being technically sound, results driven with a strong operational background and impressive analytical ability, you will need the following to be successful:
Benefits & Perks:
- You are an architect with 8+ years of experience building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications.
- 5+ years of Experience with Java, React, NodeJS, and their ecosystems.
- 3+ years of Experience with Apollo and GraphQL, Typescript.
- Comfortable working with Models, Resolvers, and Mutations on the server as well as Queries in the UI.
- Experience in building highly scalable systems with messaging queues like Apache Kafka.
- Experience in NoSQL DBs like Cosmos, Cassandra, etc..
- Experience in caching tech stack like Memcached, Redis, etc..
- Experience operating software running on a containerized platform (Docker, Kubernetes, etc..).
- Solid Understanding of Service Monitoring, KPI, SLA, Disaster Recovery
- Experience with capacity/performance management, monitoring and tuning
- Experience with firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with other organizations across the business while managing customer expectations.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption. We're virtual:
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America