Position Summary...What you'll do...
Here at Walmart, we're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We're intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
As a Senior Engineering Manager
, you'll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You'll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world's largest retailer. That's the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
- Building and leading teams: Set and manage globally distributed engineering teams
- Providing cross-functional leadership: Working cross-functionally with product, engineering, program, and business teams to deliver omni-solutions across the globe
- Developing and executing plans: Drive the execution of multiple business plans and tech initiatives. Effectively communicate execution, capacity, resource plans, and priorities
- Building strategic relationships: Partner with peer teams to help design omni-presence solution across stores and online
- Operating with excellence - Set an example in managing code quality via reviews, coverage, automation for core application and peer teams. Contribute to technology backlog based on reviews.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Engage in technical design and discussions and also help drive technical architecture
- Ensure the happiness and productivity of the team's software engineers
- Help mitigate risk (technical, product, personnel)
- Collaborate with other scrum teams, QA, Release Management, Program Management, and TechOps.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Participate in code review and facilitate design discussions.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you have these main skills:
You'll really wow us if...
- 2+ year of experience in managing engineering team and leading with examples.
- Extensive understanding of either
- Frontend technologies, Design, develop, implement and support highly complex web applications using the latest technologies and tools including Angular, HTML5, CSS3 and associated technologies or
- Extensive understanding of frameworks such as Spring, Sprint boot, Spring JPA, Hibernate.
- Solve technical problems around web application system design, performance, scalability, and system/product stability.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Micro Services Architecture.
- Experience with refactoring/redesigning/rewriting existing applications is a plus (We are in the process of redesigning and refactoring of our current system)
- Solid background of working in SQL and a good understanding and experience of NoSQL
- Knowledge of docker and containerized deployments within Kubernetes
- Understands Agile methodology principles and applying within a Scrum team. We operate in a fast passed environment with development in multiple tracks.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features in Kubernetes, Java, and Spring Boot.
- Solid fundamentals in Algorithms, Data Structures, Complexity Analysis and Object-Oriented Design.
- Experience building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience working on cloud native services
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment.
You'll make an impact by...
- You have solid experience of leading and building cloud native scalable and performant applications and have solid experience to roll it out to wider network.
- Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- Experience with products utilized within the Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Blob Storage
- Azure SQL
- Comfortable managing day-to-day work using Jira
- Good experience in troubling shooting production problems and bringing solution to those problem in fast paced environment.
- Hands-on experience with producing system flows and/or system architecture diagrams using Visio or Draw.IO
- You come to the table with a comprehensive knowledge of JAVA, FE tech as well as Agile methodologies.
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
- You level up when you can to teach others and empower those around you to excel.
Skill Set Additions:
- Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a "best-in-class" at Walmart scale customer experience.
- Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
About The Team
- Knowledge of technologies used in building scalable, distributed systems in virtualized cloud environments.
- Ability to design for fault tolerance and high availability.
- Have proficient knowledge and experience with Frontend and Mobile technologies
- Distributed Version Control (GIT), Continuous Integration (Jenkins) experience.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies like Azure and GCP
- Solid devops skills in troubleshooting live applications, assessing performance bottlenecks of applications running on Linux
- Develop high performance and scalable solutions that extract, transform, and load big data
- Experience with event driven architecture
Walmart Supply Chain Transportation group is looking for Software Engineer to help build the next generation suite of applications to have impact on millions of users.
The individual should be self-motivated, come from a deep application development background, should have deep domain level understanding of Supply Chain Transportation systems including Pickup and Delivery Lifecyle and should possess hands on experience of building customer facing.
Should be able to collaborate closely with business and product stakeholder to build next generation cloud-based web applications. You'll independently handle high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues, troubleshoot business and production issues.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.
#LI-PL1 Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America