Position Summary...What you'll do...
About the team:
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions.
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; directing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and reviewing and approving online documentation.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partnering with business to define priorities; identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Walmart's Retail Tech Platform group provides core transactional systems to enable segment and technology partners in creating wonderful omni experiences with speed and leverage. We are a highly motivated group of engineers, working in an agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. This role is part of Cloud Powered Checkout team and will build the next generation multi-tenant, client agnostic, highly scalable, omni channel checkout solution to seamlessly enable a frictionless customer checkout experience across all sales channels globally. We process millions of orders daily through our high-performance checkout services running in Edge and Cloud.You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You'll make an impact by:
- Bachelor's Degree or master's degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 12+ years of industry experience
- Experience hiring and managing teams in a medium to large scale company
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
- Expertise in Node.js, Java, Object Oriented & Functional Programming, Design Patterns
- Experience in coding and implementing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed eco-system with Cloud Technologies like Azure and GCP
- Expertise in messaging Systems as Kafka. In depth knowledge of No-SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Strong expertise in designing and building scalable APIs & cloud native microservices.
Benefits & Perks:
- Hiring and mentoring world class engineers
- Designing & developing highly scalable services and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology
- Participating in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project, product and business requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirement); designing robust and scalable architectures; writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery;
- Driving projects of high visibility across the organization.
- Providing technical direction, architecture leadership and expertise to the team
- Leading by example. Showing your chops as an exceptional and experienced developer.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.We're virtual:
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America