Position Summary...What you'll do...
This position is located in Bentonville, AR.
The Senior Manager I, Software Engineering is an expert technologist responsible for large scale technology modernization implementations in Real Estate. The successful candidate will have a passion for technology and a long history of success in developing and executing program plans that align with the strategic road map for this domain. Ideally, this individual has a background which includes full stack software development, Docker, Kubernetes, Nodejs (Apollo server) - Backend, ReactJs (UI with Apollo client & Material UI), GraphQL API's
As a technical leader on this team, you'll influence, coach, and be a servant leader to multiple teams participating and contributing in transforming products and platforms in this space. You will be part of the team leading software design and implementation, problem-solving, leading consistency across our team in quality standards, ensuring our teams adhere to architecture principles, research, and propose creative ideas that allows our teams to solve problems faster and provide engineering efficiency as they work with our customers to deliver world-class software solutions.What you will do:
Capitalize on technical expertise in developing and implementing the following:
- Deliver modernized application for associates in line with single-page architecture.
- Serve as subject matter expert and single point of contact for technical solutions within Real Estate suite of applications.
- Effectively supervise a team of programmers, responsible for programming and unit and performance testing.
- Provides team leadership and addresses team competencies and skill gaps
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; benchmarking industry against internal
- Ensures program management principles (for example: issue resolution and risk mitigation) are being followed and business requirements are being met
- Leads a team responsible for the delivery of multiple concurrent projects, using agile methodologies
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Detailed technical design and program specifications, as well as the robust and scalable design solutions; Spring Boot APIs in obtaining information from databases. Administer IT process improvements and business value additions for lower operational expenditure, as well as CICS (Customer Information Control System) modernization through Angular, Node.js with Micro Spring Boot APIs connecting to databases.You'll make an impact by: Providing cross-functional leadership
: Comfortable influencing others, leading team, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly Developing and executing plans
: Drive the execution of multiple business plans and tech initiatives. Effectively communicate execution, capacity, resource plans, and priorities Building strategic relationships:
Partner with peer teams to ensure Real Estate is utilizing the latest technologies in our technical solutioning. Operating with excellence
- Set an example in managing code quality via reviews, coverage, automation for core application and peer teams.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science and 6-8 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
- Manage software development engineers and lead engineering projects
- In-depth knowledge of technologies such as:
- Nodejs (Apollo server) - Backend
- ReactJS (UI with Apollo client & Material UI)
- Graph-QL API's
- Azure & GCP Cloud Services
- Hashi Corp
- Java Spring Boot services
- Jest / Storybook framework for writing test cases
- Jenkins Pipelines
- Unix Scripting
- Event driven design
- Messaging Technologies
- Engage in technical design and discussions and help drive technical architecture
- Ensure the happiness and productivity of the team's software engineers
- Help mitigate risk (technical, product, personnel)
- Provide guidance and influence in other areas of the Engineering (e.g. DevOps and Test Engineering)
- Communicate the vision of our product to external entities
- Participate in relevant Engineering and Technical Operations workgroups and on-call rotations to assure service availability
- Foster, enable and promote innovation
- Define team metrics and meet productivity goals of the organization
- Mentor software engineers through their career growth
Primary Location: Bentonville, ARK Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America