Position Summary...What you'll do...
It's an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. Want to use design and coding skills to solve real-life large-scale problems impacting millions of lives?
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer - Java for a key position within Sam's Cash - Loyalty & Rewards Platform team. Sam's Cash Loyalty platform plays a key role in enabling Sam's Club members to earn, track, redeem and manage their Plus, Credit, and other rewards by providing convenient in-club, mobile & desktop experience. We are embracing technologies such as Java, Spring, Spring-Boot, AMQP, Azure and Kubernetes, and testing frameworks and tools such as Cucumber to build this platform
Open-Source technology using Swift, Kotlin, React-Native, React.js to build a front end, mobile experience and cloud native backend services using Java.In our team, you will work with talented engineers across our platforms including mobile engineers, backend service engineers, UX Designers and product managers to shape our road map for Sam's Cash - Loyalty & Rewards Platform team with vision to build associate centric PaaS/SaaS offering.You'll sweep us off our feet if:
Core Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- You're a problem solver
- You're experienced with micro services architecture
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- You're organized, disciplined, and can manage large project simultaneously
- You have high standards for code quality and can hold contributors accountable
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
- You have experience in CI/CD, Splunk, Databricks.
- Lead the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers in software development and design, identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Over 5 years of experience in Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership.
- Strong Java, Spring framework, Kafka, SQL and cloud experience such as Azure.
- Strong experience in RESTful Microservices
- Container technologies such as Docker on Kubernetes
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Clear communication, including the ability to create functional charts
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Experience in Azure cloud architecture and deployments and strong understanding of cloud technology, including - Azure Offerings, Cloud storage, Cloud security, Cloud migration.
- Industry experience in developing Loyalty applications and platforms or cloud native backend PaaS
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and paternity leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America