Position Summary...What you'll do...
Are you passionate about enhancing user experience with your solutions? Does your pulseacceleratewhen you hear the term"systematic application"?If so, join ourSoftwareEngineering team!
If you are anengineerwho stays current on the latest tech, maps out app features, and understands that every class, method, and module have a single responsibility, this could be the place for you. You are a team player who looks at the day ahead as an opportunity to solve the challenges brought forth by the software development lifecycle.
At Walmart,we are tech enabledand humanled.Wewant to createa seamlessinterfaceand are committed to leading a technological revolution - one that transforms every touchpoint and optimizes every exchange.
As a Walmart Software Engineer, you'll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You'll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done.Responsibilities:
- Hands on development on building n-tier applications using Microservices, Java/J2EE and related technologies.
- Participate in managing code & configurations for multiple environments, release management process, creating and maintaining environment configuration and controls, code integrity and work closely with platform team.
- Analyzing business requirements, story-boards and similar artifacts of the scrum process, work in an agile development environment with a quick turnaround time and iterative builds.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
You'll make an impact by...
- Bachelor of Science and 4 years' experience or Master of Science with 2 years' experience in software engineering
- Strong aptitude for writing efficient code using Advanced Java
- Strong algorithm and problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in Java, Spring, JPA, JUnit, REST services, designs patterns, open-source tools
- Strong skills in messaging platforms like Kafka
- Strong test-driven development skills.
- Good Experience of databases like Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Hands on experience in Cloud platforms, git, jenkins
- Scripting skills in at least one of the following - Perl, Python, Shell, Bash
- Develop technologically advanced solutions that makealarge-scaleimpactand improvethe end-user experience.
- Operate with a startup mentality, bringing new ideas to the table,andinspiringthosearound you to do the same.
- Identify areas of opportunity, determining solution designs,and provide guidancetosystemand processenhancements.
- Translate requirements into technical solutions.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech
Imagine working where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity experts and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make epic impact and are leading the next retail disruption.We're Primarily Virtual
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities. Most of our team will make this permanent transition to our hybrid way of working as our new normal.
Our U.S. hubs are: Austin, TX; Bentonville AR; Carlsbad, CA; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX, Hoboken, NJ; Portland, OR; Reston, VA; Seattle, WA and Sunnyvale, CA.Benefits & Perks
Beyond our great compensation package, we offer performance incentives. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America