Position Summary...What you'll do...Senior Director I, Product ManagementJob description
Are you a proven senior product leader, inspired to change the digital people experience for more than 2 million associates across Walmart?
With a humanity-inspired, user-centric approach to problem solving, candidates and associates are at the heart of everything we build. As a leader within the newly established Enterprise People Product organization, you will help establish, lead, and inspire a team that will reimagine the Walmart associate experience for both Total Rewards (Compensation and Benefits) and Global Time and Attendance (GTA). Your Total Rewards team powers compensation and benefits experiences that positively enrich and impact the lives of millions of associates. Your GTA team powers the clocking and attendance features used by millions of associates daily. You and your team will lead several high-visibility and highly strategic initiatives that will leave a legacy at Walmart.
Responsible for the full product strategy and development lifecycle across Total Rewards and GTA experiences, this critical leadership role will partner with the respective People COE leaders and their teams, business segments, UX and Engineering to design and build products that delight associates. This role will be most impactful when it fosters and inspires full cross-segment 4itB ways of working (4itB includes Product, Business, UX and Engineering). As a product leader leading the development of experiences across key segments of the Walmart business, fostering collaboration is at the core of this role. You and your team will envision, build, and maintain enterprise-wide digital products, while ensuring they're designed and adaptable to the unique needs of each segment.
If you're motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role could be what you've been looking for!Role Responsibilities
Live our Values
- Drives the delivery of all product area portfolios by managing and communicating trade-off decisions to executive leadership; removing obstacles; and holding others accountable for results.
- Optimizes product portfolios by ensuring alignment with key corporate and segment strategies; and setting resource allocation direction across product portfolios.
- Secures cross-functional alignment and resources by promoting and building support for product vision, strategy, and pipeline from executive leadership.
- Acts as the strategic leader for the product roadmap by formulating the 3-5 year vision and strategy for product opportunities and continually assessing the assumptions driving the overall product portfolio.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Culture Champion - Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Servant Leadership - Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
- Curiosity & Courage - Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Deliver for the Customer
- Digital Transformation & Change - Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model.
Focus on our Associates
- Customer Focus - Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
- Strategic Thinking - Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
- Collaboration & Influence - Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Talent Management - Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your lifeAbout Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 7 years' experience in
product management or related field OR 9 years' experience in product management or related field.
3 years' experience building and leading high performing teams.
5 years' experience leading cross-functional teams. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building and leading high performing teams, Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development, Proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impact
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America