What you'll do...
Tech. Problem Formulation Requires knowledge of: Analytics/big data analytics / automation techniques and methods; Business understanding; Precedence and use cases; Business requirements and insights. To identify possible options to address the business problems within one's discipline through relevant analytical methodologies. Demonstrate understanding of use cases and desired outcomes.
Understanding Business Context Requires knowledge of: Industry and environmental factors; Common business vernacular; Business practices across two or more domains such as product, finance, marketing, sales, technology, business systems, and human resources and in-depth knowledge of related practices; Directly relevant business metrics and business areas. To support the development of business cases and recommendations. Drives delivery of project activity and tasks assigned by others. Supports process updates and changes. Support, under guidance, in solving business issues.
Data Source Identification Requires knowledge of: Functional business domain and scenarios; Categories of data and where it is held; Business data requirements; Database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL); Data Quality; Existing business systems and processes, including the key drivers and measures of success. To understand the appropriate data set required to develop simple models by developing initial drafts. Supports the identification of the most suitable source for data. Maintains awareness of data quality.
Data Transformation and Integration Requires knowledge of: Internal and external data sources including how they are collected, where and how they are stored, and interrelationships, both within and external to the organization; Techniques like ETL batch processing, streaming ingestion, scrapers, API and crawlers; Data warehousing service for structured and semi-structured data, or to MPP databases such as Snowflake, Microsoft Azure, Presto or Google BigQuery; Pre-processing techniques such as transformation, integration, normalization, feature extraction, to identify and apply appropriate methods; Techniques such as decision trees, advanced regression techniques such as LASSO methods, random forests etc; Cloud and big data environments like EDO2 systems. To identify and understand suitable extraction software. Reviews data from a quality perspective based on the guidelines given. Supports data processing.
Data Modeling Requires knowledge of: Cloud data strategy, data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms; Data modeling techniques and tools (For example, Dimensional design and scalability), Entity Relationship diagrams, Erwin, etc. ; Query languages SQL / NoSQL; Data flows through the different systems; Tools supporting automated data loads; Artificial Intelligent - enabled metadata management tools and techniques. To profile and analyze source system data to determine data relationships, design constructs, consistency, and quality. Integrates data into existing physical data models. Defines the relational tables, primary and foreign keys, and stored procedures to create a data model structure. Identifies data entities and describes their relationships as a model. Builds a basic physical schema and objects based on a provided logical model. Creates proofs of concept to support design patterns.
Code Development and Testing Requires knowledge of: Coding languages like SQL, Java, C++, Python and others; Testing methods such as static, dynamic, software composition analysis, manual penetration testing and others; Business, domain understanding. To write code to develop the required solution and application features by using the recommended programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Test the code using the recommended testing approach.
Data Governance Requires knowledge of: Data value chains; Data processes and practices; Regulatory and ethical requirements around data; Data modeling, storage, integration, and warehousing; Data value chains (identification, ingestion, processing, storage, analysis, and utilization); Data quality framework and metrics; Regulatory and ethical requirements around data privacy, security, storage, retention, and documentation; Business implications on data usage; Data Strategy; Enterprise regulatory and ethical policies and strategies. To support the documentation of data governance processes. Supports the implementation of data governance practices.
Data Strategy Requires knowledge of: Understanding of business value and relevance of data and data enabled insights / decisions; Appropriate application and understanding of data ecosystem including Data Management, Data Quality Standards and Data Governance, Accessibility, Storage and Scalability etc; Understanding of the methods and applications that unlock the monetary value of data assets. To understand, articulate, and apply principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Option 2: 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Care, Customer Service, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, Troubleshooting
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Employer Job Listing Link