Position Summary...What you'll do...Senior Software Engineer - React Native
- You have a deep interest and passion for technology and want to build next generation front end applications. You come from the retail industry.
- You are curious about building highly available, highly resilient systems with single digit latency and want to build them in real life where every day you are solving a new challenge and learning new things. You have had a role that consists designing, developing of code, bug fixing, and DevOps.
- You are a person want to work in a company where 56 million items are sold on a holiday at 1000 transactions per second.
- You are a fast learner and have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making skills.
- You have excellent communication with interpersonal skills.
- You are self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- You enjoy taking ownership and delivering on commitment.
Preferred (not Required) skills:
- 6+ years of solid experience in mobile application development frameworks (API, testing, deployment, etc.).
- Experience in developing mobile apps written in React Native.
- Experience in Design, Development, Coding, Testing, and Releasing to QA.
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Strong foundation of software design - know how to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Emphasis on the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the app. Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading. Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- SpringBoot/Node/GoLang or equivalent framework for backend services
- Telemetry: Splunk, Firebase, Prometheus, Grafana and Dashboarding executive summary in Looker
- Azure services, GCP for data and containerization (Kubernetes)
Benefits & Perks:
- Kotlin and Swift for Andriod and iOS mobile app development is a big plus
- Experience with Splunk, Google Cloud Platform, Kafka, Spark
- Frameworks such as Detox for test automation of React Native apps
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who WeAre
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
111 S Main St, Bentonville, AR 72712-5960, United States of America