Position Summary...What you'll do...You'll make an impact by...
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Data Strategy Requires knowledge of: Understanding of business value and relevance of data and data enabled insights / decisions; Appropriate application and understanding of data ecosystem including Data Management, Data Quality Standards and Data Governance, Accessibility, Storage and Scalability etc; Understanding of the methods and applications that unlock the monetary value of data assets. To understand, articulate, and apply principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
- Data Source Identification Requires knowledge of: Functional business domain and scenarios; Categories of data and where it is held; Business data requirements; Database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL); Data Quality; Existing business systems and processes, including the key drivers and measures of success. To support the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Transformation and Integration Requires knowledge of: Internal and external data sources including how they are collected, where and how they are stored, and interrelationships, both within and external to the organization; Techniques like ETL batch processing, streaming ingestion, scrapers, API and crawlers; Data warehousing service for structured and semi-structured data, or to MPP databases such as Snowflake, Microsoft Azure, Presto or Google BigQuery; Pre-processing techniques such as transformation, integration, normalization, feature extraction, to identify and apply appropriate methods; Techniques such as decision trees, advanced regression techniques such as LASSO methods, random forests etc; Cloud and big data environments like EDO2 systems. To extract data from identified databases. Creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant to the problem by selecting appropriate techniques. Develops knowledge of current data science and analytics trends.
- Tech. Problem Formulation Requires knowledge of: Analytics/big data analytics / automation techniques and methods; Business understanding; Precedence and use cases; Business requirements and insights. To translate/ co-own business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies appropriate methods/tools to be leveraged to provide a solution for the problem. Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
- Understanding Business Context Requires knowledge of: Industry and environmental factors; Common business vernacular; Business practices across two or more domains such as product, finance, marketing, sales, technology, business systems, and human resources and in-depth knowledge of related practices; Directly relevant business metrics and business areas. To provide recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases s for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy and develops domain specific artifact. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Identify and recommend relevant business insights pertaining to their area of work.
- Data Modeling Requires knowledge of: Cloud data strategy, data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms; Data modeling techniques and tools (For example, Dimensional design and scalability), Entity Relationship diagrams, Erwin, etc. ; Query languages SQL / NoSQL; Data flows through the different systems; Tools supporting automated data loads; Artificial Intelligent - enabled metadata management tools and techniques. To analyze complex data elements, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships to contribute to conceptual, physical, and logical data models. Develops the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs. Defines relational tables, primary and foreign keys, and stored procedures to create a data model structure. Evaluates existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies. Develops efficient data flows. Analyzes data-related system integration challenges and proposes appropriate solutions. Creates training documentation and trains end-users on data modeling. Oversees the tasks of less experienced programmers and stipulates system troubleshooting supports.
- Code Development and Testing Requires knowledge of: Coding languages like SQL, Java, C++, Python and others; Testing methods such as static, dynamic, software composition analysis, manual penetration testing and others; Business, domain understanding. To write code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates proofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
- Data Governance Requires knowledge of: Data value chains; Data processes and practices; Regulatory and ethical requirements around data; Data modeling, storage, integration, and warehousing; Data value chains (identification, ingestion, processing, storage, analysis, and utilization); Data quality framework and metrics; Regulatory and ethical requirements around data privacy, security, storage, retention, and documentation; Business implications on data usage; Data Strategy; Enterprise regulatory and ethical policies and strategies. To establish, modify, and document data governance projects and recommendations. Implements data governance practices in partnership with business stakeholders and peers. Interprets company and regulatory policies on data. Educates others on data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines. Provides recommendations on needed updates or inputs into data governance policies, practices, or guidelines
- 5+ years of relevant technology consulting or industry experience to include experience in Information delivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence based on data
- Understanding of the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- 5+ years experience in Python
- 5+ years experience in SQL
- 5+ years experience PySpark
- 4+ years of hands on experience with data core modernization and data ingestion
- 1+ year experience leading workstreams for a small team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud using Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Spark, Python
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Experience working with multi-Terabyte data sets
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/HealthEqual Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 5 years' experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 1 year's experience in software engineering or related
2 years' experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, ETL tools and working with large data sets in the cloud, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America