Position Summary...What you'll do...Job Description
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures.
- Lead deep, complex, and/or high-risk technical projects, and communication around them.
- ROI analysis in comparison of as-is vs to-be state of environments, processes.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.
- Support the organization by providing context and technical direction, defining technical specifications, and documenting processes
- Serve as a systems and automation evangelist providing thought leadership, participating in conferences, authoring white papers, etc.
- Participate in customer's workshops and provide technical talks of the proposed solution.
- A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 10 Years of Experience
- Experience in Git source code management
- Experience in multi-language build system (C++, Java, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Extensive experience working with Open-Source communities
- Experience with large scaled, highly available architectures
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Puppet or Terraform
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows systems administration
- Experience researching, evaluating, and recommending technologies to improve current system
- Consistent record working on a multifaceted, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team
- Familiarity with containerization technology (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes (K8S))
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
Live our Values
Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omni merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America