Position Summary...What you'll do...Division Summary
Walmart Global Technology Edge Infrastructure Organization is the global powerhouse responsible for providing a supply chain network of over 150 Distribution Centers (DC) and e-Commerce Fulfillment Centers (FC). Operating this complex network of stores, clubs, DCs, and FCs for our Edge location today presents some unique scaling challenges that you will not experience in most other places.Position Summary
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer experienced in designing, building and managing a large distributed deployment of Edge Compute in the order of 10's to 100s of thousands of virtual machines. You will design new system architecture, monitor and maintain computer networks, troubleshoot and resolve system errors and inefficiencies, and ensure that the systems are running smoothly and effectively. You will be comfortable using and designing automated tools and processes, while maintaining existing ones. You are comfortable mentoring other members of the team, and setting an ideal example to follow. You are not afraid to learn new things, quickly and as needed as problems arise.Job Responsibilities
- Build, extend, and maintain Edge Compute Infrastructure that supports our Stores in US, and advise teams globally.
- Develop, test and deploy enhancements for Edge Compute Infrastructure Services.
- Solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products.
- Be a valued member of a highly effective DevOps team.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for operational readiness.
- Develop, configure, tune, troubleshoot and document capabilities and services
- Create and maintain security best practices
- Engage with our suppliers and Open source communities to drive product features and roadmaps.
- Train and educate others within Technology about the Infrastructure Services.
- Increase our level of automation for service delivery, and operations
- Provide overall direction, objectives and needs.
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners and other teams
- Have broad and deep working knowledge of Linux Operating System (CentOS, Ubuntu, SLES) and virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM).
- Capable of deep technical conversation with a network, or server, drive architectural decisions
- 10+ years of planning, designing, and engineering enterprise class systems and services. Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions
- Competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong relationship management ability
- Hands-on experience building, administrating, troubleshooting Linux systems in a highly distributed environment. Demonstrate a deep knowledge of Linux OS internals.
- Hand-on experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM. Demonstrate a deep knowledge of virtualization.
- Hands-on experience with containerization and knowledge of Kubernetes. Knowledge of Kubernetes optimized for Edge like KubeEdge, or K3s is a plus.
- Demonstrates hands-on experience developing solutions with Infrastructure as a Service and Configuration management tools like (Ansible, OpenStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Strong Scripting Skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Demonstrates Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle and associated tools for source code management like Git, and build systems like Jenkins.
- Strong Knowledge of IP Networking including Virtual Private Cloud, VPN, SDN, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls
- Strong knowledge of storage technologies, and ability to design storage for performance and resiliency, including SAN, NAS, RAID, Cloud Storage Technologies for block and Object storage.
- Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions
- Demonstrates customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented - actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 4 years' systems engineering experience OR Master of Science and 3 years' systems engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years' of experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America