Position Summary...What you'll do...
The New Business and Emerging Technology organization (NewBETs) is a diverse team of technologists who are devoted to meeting the evolving needs of our hundreds of millions of customers and associates. As a segment of Walmart Global Tech, NewBETs focuses on building the Walmart of the future by partnering with multiple functions to provide technology-based solutions.Emerging tech:
This team within Walmart is designing tools for a seamless customer first, technology enabled shopper experience. From digital and immersive instore experiences to intuitive and simple to engage interfaces that inspires high use and adoption of our various platforms.Who will love this role
What you will do
- A doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will go the extra mile for the company's success and our user's happiness
- An empathetic problem solver who puts the customer first, and enjoys discovering opportunities by diving deep into the customer experience
- A creative and innovative thinker who can build a product from the ground up and create processes where they do not yet exist
- A team player who enjoys working cross-functionally to make the best design and can handle anything that comes your way
- An optimist who knows strategies will shift and priorities will change but approaches each day as a new opportunity to create the best experience for our customers and business.
What we expect
- Deliver product content, experience and dashboard design work across customer solutions, marketing as well as associate initiatives
- Collaborate with product teams to improve our processes and create an instore- content framework
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams. You'll partner with engineering, product management, data science (among other stakeholders) to find solutions to deliver value to people
- Develop a deep understanding for how the Walmart customer shops and how/which content can solve pain points during the shopper journey
- Learn how to seamlessly integrate our products into the associate's workflows and processes today
- Facilitate and design workshops to help teams uncover opportunities, objectives, and solutions
- Strengthen a culture of customer centricity by strengthening research skills on the design team
- Be able to articulate experience strategy, opportunities, and how usability relates to a larger brand experience to a diverse group of people
- Partner with the Design Team to develop new paradigms and frameworks for new instore interactive and immersive experiences
- Maintain and adhere to brand voice and to create a consistent experience
- Evangelize the design process by promoting the purpose of design and the impact that it makes
- 7+ years of experience working as a Content designer, Advertising/marketing, Content Strategist, UX Designer, UX Writer or a relevant field in a consumer-focused business/product
- Strong understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business strategy, goals, and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Experience presenting to, and working with, cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience working in an agile and/or lean environment
- Strong working knowledge of tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin etc)
- Startup experience a plus
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience.
1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS). Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design Primary Location...
2501 SE J STREET SUITE 6, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-7722, United States of America