Position Summary...What you'll do...
As a Software Engineer III in the Item Catalog area, you will be exposed to a large, big data ecosystem that is a foundational system within Walmart. These systems are used to create, maintain, and administrate the data for products bought and sold by Walmart. Consumers use this data for everything from procurement, replenishment, transporting, and sale of these products, whether it be in a store or on-line (omni-channel). The duties include the following.
- Drives solutions that proactively monitor and alert teams to potential issues before they cause impact to business systems
- Participates in the Operational Excellence process to uncover root cause of impacting issue, ensure all issues within the team's focus areas are properly resolved, and changes to processes, systems, coding, or testing are implemented to ensure the same issues do not occur in the future.
- Provides support to the business by
- Responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies);
- Researching and identifying needed solutions;
- Determining implementation designs;
- Providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems;
- Identifying short- and long-term solutions; and,
- Directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by
- Gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause);
- Engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues;
- Formulating an action plan;
- Performing actions as designated in the plan;
- Interpreting the results to determine further action;
- Performing root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and,
- Completing documentation.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by
- Building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders;
- Identifying business needs;
- Determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices;
- Monitoring progress and results;
- Recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and,
- Adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Participates in design review meetings, resolves gaps and helps the team to perform necessary actions before it hits the production.
- Participates in meetings with project teams, product owners, business regularly to formulate the plans for fixing all the open bugs.
- Performs code reviews to ensure the code quality and follows the standards.
- Works across geographic boundaries to assist offshore engineers to understand technical specifications and business logic.
Technical Skills Required
- Knowledge of the following tech stacks are required for this position
- Messaging: Kafka, Kafka Streaming
- Databases: Cassandra, CosmosDB, AzureSQL, DB2
- Cloud Platforms: Azure, GCP
- OS: Linux
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America