Position Summary...What you'll do...
As a part of Walmart's People Product organization, you'll be part of the team that creates the digital products, services, and platforms for more than 2 million associates across Walmart. Here, you'll leverage best-in-class technology like machine learning and artificial intelligence to make the complex, simple; the unimaginable, doable; the futuristic, realistic.
With our user-centric approach to problem solving, customers and associates are at the heart of everything we build. A curious bunch, we fall in love with problems that need solving and collaborate with our design, technology, and business partners to create inclusive, award-winning solutions. Our entrepreneurial spirit, like that of our founder Sam Walton, pushes us to dream big, but we also hold ourselves accountable with objectives and key results. Innovating on the world's biggest stage, we get to put our product management expertise to work to deliver associate-centric solutions that make the lives of our associates easier.
The People Product team creates the career journey for our associates from hire to retire. As part of the product management team, you will be responsible for building tools/experiences with the core mission of attracting, developing, and retaining talent through personalization and insights, matching opportunities to skills and aspirations, and motivating people by continuously guiding them through various career path options; all in the flow of work, on multiple platforms, and backed by machine learning. In this role, you'll work with many cross functional teams to develop strategies and solutions, while listening to our associates and customers to ensure that we meet their needs and exceed their expectations.You'll make an impact by: - Developing and enhancing products
- you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze people and product data, turn people insights into actionable initiatives, write user stories and acceptance criteria, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks- Defining vision and strategies
for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives - Building collaborative relationships
with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating, and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership - Providing overall direction
by analyzing business objectives and associate needs.Key skills, knowledge, and abilities:
Live our Values
- 1-2 years of Product Management experience at a consumer or enterprise software company, preferably within the HR and people technology space
- Experience creating product roadmaps, product requirements documents (PRDs), user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Experience with design thinking, persona journey mapping, user and market research, creating storyboards, and generating quick feedback loops in an agile delivery model
- Experience defining success criteria and identifying key metrics to measure adoption and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, balance multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America