What you'll do...
Develops technical product specifications for the architecture of underlying platform components (for example: identity, content management and payment processing) by using artifacts such as systems flows, product requirement documents and logical data models.
Manages the evolution of a component of an ecommerce platform by collaborating with architects, services product managers and VP of Platform architecture to develop, maintain and evangelize the technical product roadmap associated to his/her area.
Develops and champions a product strategy, and roadmap for a specific platform product area in support of architectural vision and principles established by the office of the CTO by leveraging consumer insights, competitive analysis and insights of emerging technologies to identify new product opportunities and enhancements; and working with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions.
Manages vendor relationships and identifies emerging technology platforms; evaluating and selecting vendors; negotiating agreements and contracts; managing partners integration; and securing necessary engagement and resource alignment for the creation of co-developed product features.
Supports product implementation and deployment by engaging with Platform Engineering and Scrum Masters during implementation to answer questions and make scope trade off decisions; working closely with services product managers to launch products on top of foundational components of the platform and ensure their adoption; coordinating post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that acceptance was successful; managing the development of training materials; training and supporting users on new product features; and defining, tracking and improving key product metrics.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America
Employer Job Listing Link