Position Summary...What you'll do...Mandatory Qualifications:
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Basic experience with Linux system administration, including software installation and networking and storage system configuration
- Linux command-line system administration experience.
- Basic Experience with scripting languages such as bash, Python.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with system administration automation frameworks, such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Cloud platform knowledge preferably GCP and Azure.
Benefits & Perks
- Experience with common cloud resource provider resource management frameworks.
- Experience building web-based user services using common web frameworks, such as Python/Django, PHP/Fuel, and similar.
- Experience with Kubernetes based infrastructure and tools.
- Experience with metrics and monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- Awareness of DevOps and experience in using related tools for observability and telemetry such as, Git, Github, Jenkins/Gitlab, Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, Agents like statsd, collectd, fluentd, fluentbit etc
- Any experience with terraform, containers, k8s would be a plus
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America