Position Summary...What you'll do...
Do you have good analytical skills? Do you dream data? Does it speak to you? Do you seek perfection, Can you see patterns and answers in the data when others see a just a bunch of numbers? Then this role is for you!
As a Software Engineer in Operations, you will first learn about the World largest retailer's innovative design solutions in delivering millions of products to Stores /Customer door steps in the most cost effective ways. You will get the firsthand experience in understanding the sophisticated order journey flow in Walmart.
As a Software Engineer in Operations, you will create/ develop and own the monitoring framework which interfaces with various applications. You will work closely with Developers/Product/Business in various teams in supporting new applications features, services launch and manage application using automated deployment tools. You will monitor, support and deploy our multi-tenant solutions.
- Quickly learn capabilities of every part of the predictive analytics platform including the Data, Caching and Messaging tiers, Application and systems infrastructure and services, and deployment architecture.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Develop efficient code to automate repetitive/manual tasks.
- Continuously research existing systems to find more efficient/ automated ways of preventing, minimizing or resolving issues.
- Improve our systems and applications with monitoring, analytics and ad hoc reporting.
- Work with business partners to provide them the accurate analytics empowering them to take the correct business decisions.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues, taking proactive steps to prevent and necessary steps to resolve.
- Escalate issues and work with other cross-functional engineering team members and see them through to resolution.
- Resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates to the team.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
- Provide oncall support to help Customer/business recover from impacting situations and to help build preventive solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline.
- 4-9+ years of relevant experience
Experience working on:
- Programming expertise on Java 8, Shell Scripting
- SQL and no-SQL Databases such as MongoDB, MS SQL, Cassandra, Cosmos DB, AZURE SQL, Elastic
- Knowledge on Mobile SDK(+) and F-sharp will be an added benefit
- Data, Caching and Messaging tiers like Kafka, Megacache, couchbase etc
- Monitoring & Alerting tools such as Splunk, Medusa, Kibana
- Running infrastructure with public or private cloud environments and platforms like Azure, Kubernetes, Dockers etc
- Retail or Transportation Industry experience
- e-Commerce experience
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America