Position Summary...What you'll do...Senior Software EngineerIntroduction
The Business Engagement Tools Engineering Team for delivering tools for Operations and Site Reliability Engineering to help reduce the mean time to recover during high impacting incidents. The team also helps deliver applications to help Stores and Distribution Centers be aware of impacting incidents and be able to report technology incidents at their location.You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
• You're excited about solving complex challenges
• You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
• You're comfortable influencing others, leading a team and collaborate with the stakeholders
• You have an agile way of working to improve your team's productsYou'll make an impact by...
Designing cloud and automation solutions at scale, allowing developers to get their best work done, and allow tools to be used by anyone in Walmart with less effort and cost.What you'll do...
What you'll bring... Qualifications
- Designing and delivering code that's readable, maintainable, testable, scalable, reusable, and efficient
- Working in an Agile team with engineers, designers, and product managers to solve problems as part of a team
- Thinking from the end user's perspective to recommend design improvements
- Collaborating with backend teams to design effective and understandable APIs
- Following established architecture patterns and suggesting improvements
- Implementing new features according to specifications
- Participating in code reviews for yourself and others
- Investigating and fixing bugs
- Building unit and UI tests
- Learning and implementing the latest technologies
- Mentoring fellow engineers
Benefits & Perks
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Experience with ReactJs/Redux
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Caching, logging, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Solid understanding of the full app development life cycle
- Experience using GitHub
- Unit testing best practices and patterns
- CI/CD systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Comfortable working in a distributed team and communicating asynchronously
- Communicate in spoken and written English
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America