Position Summary...What you'll do...
Are you a technologist who shares our passion in creating impact through innovation? Does your pulse accelerate when you hear the term "systems at scale"?
The Staff Software Engineer role will be driving the design of the labor demand generation product (as input to associate scheduling) through architecture, technical design, business interaction, and the coding of new features/spikes.
Who are we looking for? An engineer who prides themselves on staying current with the latest cloud-based technologies, effectively mapping out application features to microservices, and understanding that our product is built to positively impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of associates in several countries and thousands of stores, clubs, and distribution centers.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with our business and product management teams to drive technical discovery, design, and implementation of large-scale applications, products, and platforms. You'll work cross-functionally to identify short-term and long-term solutions and timelines, review and approve proposed solutions, and provide pertinent documentation, direction and examples to your team. This position specifically will allow you to work on systems that support stores and clubs. It will give you a new understanding of what it truly means to develop at scale.What You'll Do:
What You'll Bring:
- Lead the discovery phase of projects to come up with the high-level design.
- Design and architect the components of the product necessary to drive and implement business value
- Work across the business and GWFM teams to collect requirements and articulate into the design.
- Developed innovative strategies, processes, and best practices while leading internal technical teams
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards, and processes.
Benefits & Perks:
- 5+ years of experience in Java, with at least 1+ years in Spring preferred
- Design experience using REST APIs and microservices design for backend development
- Ability to architect scalable and resilient applications and pipelines with Java, Spring Boot, and React using Git and cloud development.
- 2+ years of experience in GCP, Azure, MS SQL Server, and Docker (with Kubernetes experience preferred.)
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans.
- Understanding of CI/CD, Unit testing and deterministic functional testing, End to End automation.
- Experience coaching and mentoring other engineers in cloud development, resilient and solid development practices and equip other engineers with similar skills.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Location; Bentonville, AR or Reston, VA Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America