Position Summary...What you'll do...About the team
At Walmart Global Tech, we design digital products that deliver exceptional experiences for Walmart associates. The tools that we build digitally enable users, improve efficiency, and help our fellow associates make more data-informed decisions for their teams and the business. If you are the type of person who enjoys solving complex problems, operates with intention, delivers for the user, knows how to build trust and strong relationships, and advocates for the success of the entire team - then our Senior Designer position could be for you. The ideal candidate will be an experienced UX/UI Designer, who can communicate design recommendations, execute design ideas, lead discussions, and manage stakeholder relationships.
As a Design Operations Manager
, you will collaborate with design and research teams across our HR, Finance, and Campus Tech portfolios to set up and support the structures and processes that enable the design teams to do their best work. You'll be empowered to identify challenges and create solutions in areas ranging from productivity and optimization to building design culture and connection. You will facilitate conversations across the teams, identify high-impact improvements, and roll out experiments so we can create great solutions. We are a "show, don't tell" type of team and are looking for a resourceful self-starter with strong communication skills to further enhance our great Design Operations function. We believe in bringing dignity, access, and great design to our customers, associates, and partners, and your leadership will help us deliver excellence in everything we do.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, and want to have some fun too - being part of our Design Operations
team could be the fit you've been looking for. You'll make an impact by...
You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
- Creating flexible and efficient processes while contributing to a great design culture in the team and beyond.
- Anticipating and resolving challenges with the best tools and collaborators.
- Maintaining resourcing contracts, collaboration platforms, knowledge repositories, and membership lists.
- Planning and executing events to inspire and connect the team, including onboarding and monthly meetups.
- Solving problems big and small with curiosity and openness.
- Produce great work in short timeframes, multitask across different activities, and have great attention to detail.
- Understand and work by the design process - especially inclusion, empathy, and experimentation.
- Have Exceptional written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Find opportunities to bring out the best in people, you collaborate easily, operate independently, and are comfortable giving and getting feedback.
- Are comfortable with experimenting with new processes and tools, and do not mind failing, learning, and trying again.
- Bachelor's degree in management, or related field and 5+ years related experience
- OR Master's Degree and 3 years industry/related experience
- OR 7 years industry/related experience
- Experience working in a large corporate environment, across cross-functional teams.
- Program/product management experience within cross-functional teams, or as an experienced design program manager.
- Fluency with process and documentation systems like Confluence and Jira
- UX design background - a plus
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America