Position Summary...What you'll do...
This role is part of the Walmart Supply Chain and Distribution Automation Engineering - identifying, developing and realizing Walmart's future automation technologies. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role within the organization, with expectations to deliver immediate and long-term results.
The Sr. Automation Engineer - Advanced Robotics will be part of a team which is responsible for the ideation, development, and implementation of state-of-the-art automated solutions with a first and best-to-market mindset focused on efficiency, safety, and capacity.Position Summary
A successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing advanced robotics solutions to automate case and each (piece) handling activities within Walmart's Ambient Distribution Centers and beyond. Work will be from Walmart's cutting edge Innovation Lab in Bentonville Arkansas, as well as have the flexibility to work from home at times depending on project needs.
Required key areas of experience include (but are not limited to):
- Automated Mechatronic System Ideation & Design (electrical and controls focus);
- PLC Programming Design and Troubleshooting;
- Robotics | OEM Programming Languages (e.g. Fanuc, ABB, Kuka)
- Vision and Perception | Prime OEM Experience (i.e. Cognex, Banner, Sick, etc.)
- Software Design, Simulation, and Emulation (controls focused).
Strongly differentiating areas of candidate experience include (but are not limited to):
- Robotics | Advanced Path Planning and Functionality in Non-Native Languages (i.e. RoS)
- Vision and Perception | Development of Vision Software to Facilitate Robotic Path Planning
- Industrial Electrical Licensure
- UL Industrial Control Panel Design and Build
- Machine Learning Development and Implementation
- MHE (Material Handling Equipment) Specific Logic Control
- Distribution and Logistics Automation Experience
- BS, Engineering or related technical field required. Masters, Engineering strongly preferred;
- Experience in designing and developing automation systems;
- Experience in designing and developing robotic applications (hardware and software);
- Minimum 4 years overall Automation & Robotics career experience;
- Must be able to relocate to Bentonville, AR.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 2 years' experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Option 2: 4 years'
experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Engineering Primary Location...
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America