Position Summary...What you'll do...
We are looking for Operational Lead who will be required to solve critical problems for Global Integrated Fulfillment application Production Support function. This Global Integrated Fulfillment function provides software solutions to Walmart associates for Picking and Dispense while serving our customers across chain of stores.
This role would be part of a team with rotational shifts in order to provide 24/7 support.
You should be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to multi-task at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure.
You can identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You have ability to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.Technologies Supported/Preferred Qualifications
- 10 Years of experience in overall IT
- Be Single point of contact for Level 2 and Level 3 trouble shooting and issue resolution, Root cause analysis, and fix recommendations for the long term.
- Provide Technical solutions to support Engineers who will provide round the clock support collaborating closely with Stakeholders in US.
- Should be very effective in standup the support team at a faster pace, so that Development team can focus on product development
- Audits complex critical systems delivery for business processes
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Should be able to do the RCA and pinpoint the issue for SMEs to provide code fix
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Reduces the impact of application and infrastructure failures on business delivery
- Supports Field Support area of responsibility, developing tools, automation, monitoring and alerting solutions across applications and infrastructure
- Review and analyze Incidents to identify root causes (RCA), correlate events, and document Problems.
- Be adept in designing Architectural solutions for Support Tools and Automation.
- Would be required to deal with global stakeholders
- Build utility tools to automate routine tasks which will help operations and support team
- Documenting Tribal knowledge i.e. Constant upkeep of documentation and runbooks to ensure that teams get the information they need right when they need it.
- Determine and compile metrics for reporting
- Support Training environment and Production environment releases (code pushes and configuration changes) as needed.
- Handle network/system administration duties including, but not limited to; installing, testing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network services hardware, peripheral devices
Nice To Have
- Kubernetes concepts
- Cloud Technologies (Preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Containers (Preferably Docker)
- Messaging Infra Kafka
- Java, Spring boot
- Good grasp of networking fundamentals and core protocols and tech such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, load balancers, distributed file systems.
- Capability to program in at least one language, ideally Java or NodeJs or UI skills like ReactJs or React Native is desired.
- Strong database skills - key-value and relational databases. Experienced in SQL, Stored Procedures, DB Scripts, ETL, Azure cosmos DB
- Logging and Monitoring experience designing, deploying and running systems like Splunk, ELK, Dynatrace, New Relic or other APM solutions is an added advantage.
- Azure Service Bus
- HADOOP, ETL Data
- Prior knowledge of ITSM, Agile Practices, PMP
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America