Position Summary...What you'll do... Who are we/what are you going to be part of?
As part of Sales Transaction and Financial Controls (STFC) Team, you will be responsible to build and support large scale distributed software platform/systems for Walmart stores/Sam's clubs that include Electronic Payment Settlement, Reconciliation, Fee Estimation and Dispute resolution products. These micro-services built part of the larger STFC engineering platform, creates critical part of the company's financials including settlement and reconciliation of electronic payments accepted across omni channel in cloud-native environment.
This team is currently at the forefront among the finance technology teams and the software we build part of this area, acts as primary gateway and also will help to modernize enterprise finance systems globally. Product capabilities help, to process electronic tenders accepted globally. Produced software supports high volume near real-time transaction processing to enable the early settlement to receive the funding to corporate accounts. What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer on the Sales Transaction and Financial Controls engineering team, you will have lot of fun at the same time while developing highly scalable, distributed software system to enrich and accumulate sales data in near real-time. You will collaborate with key enterprise retail teams all the way from the Point of Sale systems to rest of the other financial systems, to rapidly transform large number of electronic tender transaction information. These systems and platforms we build will help solve the problems for Treasury business areas for Walmart stores operating in all markets and countries. Perks of being in this awesome engineering team:
You'll be working with other engineers and senior engineers to build all of these capabilities with the next generation and cutting-edge technologies like below.
- Excellent career opportunities and growth to solve business problems for the largest retailer in the world.
- Functional programming using Scala
- AKKA as the implementation of the https
- AKKA streams
- AKKA Persistence/typed Actors
- Reactive/event driven systems architecture
- Play, Spring, or other web service frameworks
- Azure Event Hubs or Kafka
- Cassandra, Cosmos, Cloud RDBMS and other big database implementations
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field plus 2 years
of experience in software engineering or related field (academic counts) OR Master's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field plus knowledge of software engineering or a related field.Live our ValuesCulture Champion
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.Servant Leadership
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.Embrace Change Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working. Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.Strategic Thinking
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.Focus on our Associates Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.Talent Management
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 1 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America