Position Summary...What you'll do...
We need super smart engineers to help build the best products to disrupt the Health and Wellness space. We are a small team of passionate engineers looking to bring on more talented engineers to revolutionize this space. We pride ourselves in taking great care of our customers and their health needs. If that's you and you are up for this challenge, please read on.Walmart Environment
Walmart is building a talent hub to revolutionize H&W. The Bentonville team is building an elite team and is looking for a strong hands-on Java Engineer to join their quest. You will be a key member of the Backend team and will be responsible for a wide range of products focused on backend implementation and building out enhancements and new features for our customers.You'll really wow us if...
You'll make an impact by...
- Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- You come to the table with a comprehensive knowledge of frontend development as well as Agile methodologies.
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
- You level up when you have the opportunity to teach others and empower those around you to excel.
Ideal Candidate Must-Haves...
- Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a "best-in-class" customer experience.
- Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
Additional qualifications that are a plus...
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of back-end software development
- Being independent thinker and problem solver
- Experience with being a core contributor to a software project: understanding domain and business requirements, being responsible for critical parts of application
- Solid skills in .net
- Experience with Server Side Engineering
- Experience using source control systems (git)
- Experience with working with CI/CD (Jenkins/Travis)
- Experience with working with cloud deployments (scaling, resiliency, load balancing etc)
- Experience working in agile environment (Scrum, daily standups etc)
Benefits & Perks:
- Understanding micro-service architecture and domain driven approach
- Experience of delivering and supporting a large scale production system
- Experience working with logging and application monitoring stack: Splunk, Grafana etc
- Great sense of humor that can collaborate with the team
- Some level of experience with backend services - being able to understand backend tech stack, needs and limitations
- Good communication skills, working in multi-team projects
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America