What you'll do...
Assists in implementing innovative solutions to network infrastructure by applying networking principles to daily work activities; reviewing proposed changes to the environment; writing change control installation plans; installing routine network changes; installing network hardware; updating operating system software to recommended levels; and following documented procedures and standards.
Provides Customer support for the network infrastructure by diagnosing problems received via support pages, support tickets, and network alerting; performing routine network troubleshooting to resolve problems; assisting network administrators with problem identification and resolution; consulting with senior team members and suppliers regarding problem resolution; collaborating with team members, representatives from other teams, and support groups to facilitate problem resolution; updating support tickets with relevant information regarding problem resolution; communicating with Customers to provide updates on problem resolution; and ensuring support tasks are assigned to junior team members.
Participates in improving the network infrastructure by learning team processes and procedures; escalating impactful issues to senior team member and management; identifying and documenting enhancement to team processes and procedures; and presenting proposed ideas and solutions to senior team members.
Participates in team and departmental projects by completing project tasks assigned by senior team members or project leads; adhering to program management office guidelines; collaborating with senior team members to fully understand assignments; attending project and team meetings; providing updates on assigned tasks, orally and in writing; and tracking and reporting time spent on projects.
Develops skills to ensure professional and technical advancement, as well as increasing knowledge of the Wal-Mart networking environment by receiving training through technical classes, books, computer-based learning (CBL), and assigned work.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
1 year network engineering experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT), Cisco Unified Call Manager, Cisco Unified Call Manager Express, and routing protocols (for example, session initiation protocol (SIP), H323, media gateway control protocol (MGCP)), Command line interface (CLI) administration of routers, switches, and routing protocols (for example, enhanced interior gateway routing protocol (EIGRP), border gateway protocol (BGP), multi-protocol label switching (MPLS)), Infoblox Administrator certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Shell, Perl, or Batch file scripting, Trivial file transfer protocol (TFTP), domain name system (DNS), dynamic hub configuration protocol (DHCP), clustering, and internet protocol version 4 (IPv4) subnetting, Unix Administration, Windows Server Administration
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Administrator - Certification
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Employer Job Listing Link