Position Summary...What you'll do...
If you're thinking 'scale', think bigger and don't stop there. At Walmart Global Tech, we don't just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. That's Walmart, Global Tech for you.
Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We're changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores, to mobile, social and even online; we're not just ready for the future of shopping, we're creating it.What You'll Do
What You'll Bring:
- Develop highly scalable services and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization
- Participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirement); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Participates in the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the technical lead, product management, business and cross-functional teams; help obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas
- Tackle across-the-board performance issues, working with other teams to find solutions to reduce load and improving scalability.
- Monitor, analyze, and collect data about real user experience times and system performance, implementing/enhancing tools and/or services as needed
- Implement and enhance performance stress testing tools and/or services, assist engineers in performing tests as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5-7 years or master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in RESTful Services, Scala, Spring Boot/Play Framework, RDBMS, NoSql, Python
- Experience in development of scalable cloud native microservices
- Experience in designing and implementing pub/sub asynchronous applications
- Experience of big data technologies (i.e. Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive/Elasticsearch)
Even Better if You Have:
- Experience building C# microservices and Azure Functions in .NET Core 2.0+ (5-7 years)
- Experience with Cosmos DB and SQL DB, including Entity Framework (3-4 years)
- Experience in Azure Cloud Stack (2-3 years)
- Experience creating Unit Tests with xUnit and Moq
Benefits & Perks
- Have designed, built, and maintained APIs, services of highly scalable platforms.
- Have experience with Kafka or other high volume-low latency enterprise scale messaging infrastructure
- Have experience with Azure Cloud Stack or other cloud stacks
- Have extensive knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture. Familiarity with CI/CD and unit testing
- Experience in production system operations (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- Self-starter, quick learner, keen observer, eye for detail and someone who relishes challenges
- Knowledge and/or experience in Machine Learning
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(K) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Option 2: 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
2001 SE 10th St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America