Position Summary...What you'll do...Introduction
At Walmart, we help people save money,so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can't do that without the best talent - talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
This role is part of the Walmart Supply Chain and Fulfillment Automation Engineering team. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate and long-term results that can change the strategy of the company. Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, this role will report to the Senior Director I, Engineering.What you'll do...
What you'll bring...
- Automation System Design - In this role you will be a key Automation System Innovator building the technology for the Future of Walmart. You will have the opportunity to research, develop and define key technology that will create amazing customer experiences, make global sustainability impact and deliver business value.
- Continuous Improvement - you will define the critical workflow for executing key processes, identify the most significant problems, implement methods for improving and establishing controls, and implement methods of Continuous Improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen)
- Data and Digital Literacy -you identify, implement, and drive technology change within the scope of work and use visualization tools to represent data and construct coherent stories to influence decisions
- Engineering Economics - you will apply principles used to the economics of investment decisions and work with a specific financial analysis tool set
- Advanced Analytics - you will evaluate the quality of data collected and the effectiveness, test and evaluate multiple solutions, methods, and models, and establish standards for the application and interpretation of statistical data
- Process Flow Design - you will contribute to plans for integrating partner and supplier transactions, demonstrate awareness of company-wide innovations, processes, and activities for supply chain networks, collaborate with partners for the purpose of process design and optimization
- Mechatronics - you will build 3-dimensional objects and convert 2-dimensional objects into 3-dimensional objects as well as create building/facility drawings from the ground up, generating all elements within the software. You will also demonstrate expertise in wiring schematics, ensuring driving innovation in system and compliance and adhere to electrical safety practices
You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
- Meeting the minimum education and experience requirements; Masters or Doctorate degree in Engineering preferred
- You will be a Subject Matter Expert across the Walmart Fulfillment Network
- You can demonstrate technology that you have developed and/or initiatives that you have led, specifically large scale programs or projects
- Experience or background in manufacturing, automation development strongly preferred - combination of hardware and software
Benefits & Perks
- Have the ability to influentially communicate with teams, customers, and clients and can clearly articulate complex subject matter
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to develop, evaluate, and implement proposed business cases for projects and initiatives and can translate business requirements into strategies, initiatives, and projects
- Have experience managing large and complex projects and can build strategic roadmaps that identify and leverage synergies
- Possess the spirit of innovation and invention
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 5 years' experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 7
years' experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Doctorate: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Engineering Primary Location...
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America