Position Summary...What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As a Software Engineer III
, you'll be a part of Sam's Global Technologies Team and will be responsible for enhancing Sam's Club Supply Chain products that support the Sam's Supply Chain business including but not limited to Inventory, Transportation, Inbound Smoothing, Network and Flow Optimization solutions. You will collaborate with cross-functional software and quality engineers to build best in class technology solutions to tackle complex problems on a massive scale. You'll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo.What you'll do:
- Design and develop software components utilizing Java open-source technologies and frameworks
- Work with latest cloud based technologies and
- Take a data driven approach in every way of working and embed analytical frameworks into every phase of value life cycle
- Collaborate with product, business, and engineering partners to iteratively deliver value as part of a product oriented and agile environment
- Perform POC's to evaluate and develop new technologies to solve high value issues that weren't solvable before
- Identify bottlenecks, resolve blockers, and work backwards with great objectivity and focus
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world's largest retailer. That's the Walmart experience. Intrigued?Basic Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in objected-oriented design and development
- 2+ years of overall agile software development, preferably in one or more of the following areas: object-oriented design and development, microservice architecture, event-driven design and development
- 1+ years in any of cloud technology platform(s) like Google, Azure, Open Stack, etc.
- Experience with all these frameworks/libraries/products/technologies: Spring boot, SQL & NoSQL databases, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD
- Experience working in small teams
- Demonstrated expertise in architecting and deploying solutions into production
- Excellent written & verbal communication, including the ability to create robust documentation
- You design and build ground-up transformational tools, integrating data across sources and collaborating across cross-functional teams
- Strong experience in RESTful Microservices
- Experience of Container technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes
- Experienced in Java, Spring Framework, CI/CD flows, DevOps, Scrum, Kanban, SQL/NoSQL DB, messaging platforms (Kafka, azure pubsub or gcp pubsub), cloud native technology & public cloud
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
About the Team:
- SQL and NoSQL (Oracle, MySQL, Spanner, Cassandra, etc.)
- Service Oriented architecture, MemCache
- Spring Boot
- Kafka, Pub Sub (Azure or GCP),
- Cloud technologies (GPC, Azure, Open Stack)
- Open-Source technologies
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
We are Sam's Supply Chain Tech team under Walmart Global Tech. Our team works on some of the World's most complex and challenging Supply Chain Problems. We are spread across multiple functional areas of Supply Chain including, but not limited to, Inventory, Transportation, Inbound Smoothing, Network and Flow Optimizations. We solve $80B Retail company's Supply Chain Problems using cutting edge design techniques in AI&ML, Operation Research and Modern Full Stack Software Engineering. As a senior member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.We're virtual:
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America