Position Summary...What you'll do...What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can't do that without the best talent - the talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
If you love enabling data solutions that can scale, have a strong customer mindset, love taking ownership to solve business challenges, enjoy continually learning and working in a cross functional collaborative environment, we would love to have you on our team.Position Description:
As a Staff Data Steward for the Finance Technology Data Products Organization, you will support the day to day activities of the data development cycle with discovering data sourcing, refining and clarifying requirements with our engineering partners along with UAC and UAT sign-off. Effectively becoming a subject matter expert for the responsible data assets and being able to support data literacy to end users. In addition, as a member of the Walmart Data Governance Community, you are responsible for managing, cataloging and certifying quality and fit for purpose of our data assets.
You will partner to help enable we get the most accurate and high-quality data to cross functional teams so we can deliver great products that are applicable to the entire Walmart Organization.Who will love this job:
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- A data enthusiast - you understand the complexity of data as it exists in different forms and from different sources, and you enjoy sourcing, evaluating, and appropriately using new data sets to create value
- A data whisper - you are someone that can anticipate data needs and listen to the voice our customers to help unlock new potential to enhance our products and offerings
- A clear communicator - you break down complex concepts and make them easy to understand
- A generous collaborator - you enjoy building expertise, insights, and solutions to collaborative teams and can thrive with cross-functional and matrixed teams
- A governance aficionado - you know how to build and maintain processes, policies, standards and roles to enable both data and people to thrive
- You are passionate about data, merchandising and retail.
- You are a team player with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining respect for the team.
- You are inquisitive, focused, organized, and an abstract thinker.
- Data Quality is an essence of your work culture.
- Exhibit excellent ability to understand business concepts very quickly.
- You have experience working in Finance and/or Tax domains
- You have a demonstrated track record and hands-on experience in data management/data stewardship areas, including use of Collibra or other data profiling and curation tools
- You understand data concepts, including data design and modelling, as well as SQL, BI tools (Excel, Tableau, Looker, or Power BI) and Big data.
- Working knowledge of Python, R, or VBA is a plus.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America