Position Summary...What you'll do...
This role may have flexibility to be based out of one of our alternate field location throughout the country.
Supply Chain at Sam's Club is all about making and executing plans that help provide our Members with the product they want, where they want it, at the best price possible. To accomplish this, associates must be keen problem solvers, using data and experience to overcome complex challenges and drive efficiency. We invite you to join the Sam's Club Supply Chain Team; a fast-moving group of highly motivated individuals with skills ranging from data analytics to strategy and execution. Together we will design the supply chain of the future and improve our members' lives.
Sam's Club Supply Chain is looking for top talent to join the organization. We are currently looking for a Senior Manager I, Automation Engineering
to join our team!You'llsweep us off our feet if...
You'llmake an impact by:
- You'rea master atautomaton engineering with proven experience leading, designing and building out large-scaleautomation.
- You are organized,disciplinedand can manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- You have high standards and can hold project contributors accountable.
- You have a hands-on leadership approach through mentoring, teaching and leading teams.
- You'restimulated by unique challenges andexcitedto engage at Fortune 1 scale only Walmart can provide.
- You have a keen eye for the details and never leave good enough alone.
- You possess superb written & oral communication skills.
- You'redriven by continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Partnership and Collaboration:Engagingwith team members, analyzing stakeholder needs and takinga"one team" approach to collaborate and accomplish goals for the business.
- Talent Management: Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Influential Communication:Presentingto and influencingteam and business partnersby utilizing relevant data and fact-based information to articulate results and provide strong recommendations.
- Engineering Project Management: Lead critical path items, assess and communicate project status, and drive escalations on potential risks and delays across leadership. Manage critical engineering equipment vendors and track deliverables to ensure successful project go-live.
- Mechatronics:Participates in projects that modify existing electrical systems, equipment, and componentsincluding operatingProgramable Logic Controllers (PLC) in order to communicate, monitor and control automated processes like assembly lines, machine functions, or robotic devices.
- Automation System Design& Integration:Consulting on the use of advanced machineries for automation of supply chain processes,helping to develop and implement long-range automation plansand combining knowledge of automation/system design and learnings from previous implementations into road maps.
- Process Flow Design:Interpreting information, analyzing processes and documenting common obstacles and barriers to ensure effective and successful implementations.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 3 years' experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 5
years' experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
1 year's supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Engineering Primary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America