Position Summary...What you'll do...
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer III with expertise and hands-on experience designing and building highly scalable and performant cloud-based solutions to match our exponential growth. You will have opportunities to design and develop new innovative features on our current platform and help continuously optimize our platform. We are looking for a highly motivated, dependable team player who will be working closely with architects, team leads, and cross teams to quickly delivery high impact solutions. You will do great on this team if you enjoy learning and staying up to date on the latest tech and working in a fast pace environment on highly critical and impactful solutions!Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop scalable performant frontend and backend solutions
- Participate on code reviews, providing technical mentorship to other junior team members
- Participate in supporting production issues and identifying root causes
- Actively participate in cross team agile meetings
About Global Tech
- MS degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience OR BS degree in Computer Science and 5 years of experience in software engineering
- 3 or more years of experience with Spark, Hadoop, and big data
- 3 or more years of experience with SQL database: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL
- Strong experience with NoSQL database: Cassandra, Cosmos DB
- Strong knowledge of Kafka
- Strong knowledge of Java and Spring Boot
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Care, Customer Service, Information Technology, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, Troubleshooting
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America