Position Summary...What you'll do...
As a Site Reliability Engineer with the People Tech organization, you will be partnering with our engineering teams to ensure the reliability and scalability of our services by driving the implementation of site reliability best practices. With over 2 million associates, Walmart is the largest private employer in the world. People Tech Site Reliability Engineers will help our engineering teams to deliver a reliable and seamless customer experience for our associates.What we're looking for
We're looking for well-rounded engineers with a working knowledge of software, systems, and network engineering. The ideal candidate would be strong across all of these domains. However, we encourage you to apply if you have a strong background in any of them.Site Reliability Engineer Responsibilities
- Ownership of the stability and customer experience of your engineering team's services
- Sharing an on-call rotation with your engineering team and being an escalation contact for incidents
- Ensuring your engineering team is performing thorough incident management processes
- Automating processes to reduce operational toil
- Reviewing code to ensure your engineering team is following reliability best practices
- Contributing to ADRs and peer-reviewing your engineering team's system designs
- Performing capacity planning and right-sizing your engineering team's systems
- Observability implementation, including metrics, logs, tracing, and associated dashboards
- Ensuring your engineering team is capturing the correct signals by fine-tuning alerts
What will make you stand out
- Engineering degree or related experience
- Knowledge of systems architecture
- Experience working with public cloud (Azure or GCP)
- Understanding of CI/CD practices
- Prior experience as a site reliability engineer
- Experience working in large-scale environments
- Open-source contributions and community engagement
- Strong leadership and influence skills
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America