Position Summary...What you'll do...
As a part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the growth and delivery of our Next Gen Packaging Engineering team! Why? Because Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It's not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain!
The role of a Sr. Automation Engineer - Packaging will drive execution of environmentally responsible packaging in support of Walmart's Sustainability Commitment, new product launches and sustaining packaging programs. This role reports to the Senior Manager I - Packaging and Regeneration Technology and is located in Bentonville, Arkansas or Hoboken, New Jersey.What You'll Do...
You'll make an impact by:
- Lead development initiatives to support Walmart's strategy for Package-Less delivery aligned to the Corporate Sustainability goals
- Develop and evaluate new packaging materials and manufacturing methods
- Collaborate with upstream suppliers and vendors to reduce single-use plastic packaging
- Lead initiatives to create packaging circularity within the Walmart Supply Chain
- Identify and develop Fulfillment packaging automation solutions
- Collaborate with operational partners to test, launch, and scale packaging initiatives across the network
- Track and monitor results to Walmart's Corporate Sustainability goals
- Research and introduce prototype packaging and materials
- Develop specifications for new packing materials that will adequately protect finished products
- Perform other duties as required
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- Defining vision and strategies for new packaging technology using internal and external requirements, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Leading and delivering packaging initiatives that enable Walmart to make good on our Net-Zero by 2040 commitment as the customer's most earth-centric company
- Leading in design and development of progressing new automation technologies through alpha and beta, hardening technologies to implement across the Fulfilment Center network.
- Implementing efficiencies and best practices in Fulfilment Center Automation Engineering to help speed the delivery and quality of products.
- Establishing, influencing, and managing high-visibility key supplier relationships.
Perks and Benefits
- You have Packaging Engineering and Sustainability experience, specifically working in a global environment across multiple geographies and time zones; professional experience in the high-volume consumer products industry strongly preferred
- You can identify risks, develop clear mitigation plans, and communicate commitments effectively to executive stakeholders
- You're a solid engineering talent with an excitement for building new approaches to solving packaging problems and developing automation system strategies from the ground up, encompassing material development, network delivery optimization, packaging automation, and supplier collaboration
- You have a technical background that includes knowledge in packaging materials, design, and automation
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 2 years' experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Option 2: 4 years'
experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Engineering Primary Location...
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America