Position Summary...What you'll do...What you'll do
Walmart's Global Tech Platforms team helps thousands of developers save time and code better, so that millions of Walmart associates can help hundreds of millions of customers to save money and live better.
We sustain millions of transactions per second, process petabytes of data, and enable tens of thousands of production deployments per day. We simplify the complexities of scale and unify the software development for all aspects of business, digital and physical.
The First Contact team is where customers come to seek help for Tech Platforms' tools/services/offerings. Be it issues, questions or outages, First Contact team takes care of customers until they are unblocked. The primary responsibility is to support all the cloud infrastructure, services and offerings we cover from Global Tech Platforms so that Walmart application teams can consume these seamlessly and operate them without issues.
We are looking to hire a Senior Manager I, Software Engineering - First Contact.You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You have deep interest and passion for technology
- You are enthusiastic and excited about cloud computing
- You have strong problem solving, analytical, decision-making, and communication skills
- You are passionate, driven and humble in your approach
You'll make an impact by:
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You thrive on both leveraging and leading the way
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and getting buy-in from leadership
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's services
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure customer privacy is at the forefront of all we do
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis to understand privacy laws and CCPA regulations.
- Partnering with our Privacy and Legal teams to ensure consistent behavior and align responsibilities.
- Developing and enhancing products - you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Industry experience in Cloud Technologies and Stacks (IaaS/PaaS) - Azure/GCP
- Experience supporting large scale, highly available, production environment.
- Experience in Web technologies, Databases, Telemetry and Java based application support.
- Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting enterprise systems and applications and distributed systems.
- Experience in supporting development teams and developers, and ability to understand customer issues and resolve them.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America