Position Summary...What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.Overview of Role:
Manager I, Systems Engineer (Client/Mobility Engineer)
The In-Club Client Engineering team needs a meticulous and fast-working systems engineer who can help drive automation, process-improvement, and exercise good judgment for a team owning enterprise scale environments. This role is responsible for ensuring that our Mobile Client Infrastructure is highly Available, Secure, and Performant for those applications that require on-site resources.Our Team
The Mobile Client team is responsible for the Handheld/Mobile Devices Infrastructure deployed in our clubs. We support a large enterprise environment that has Android and iOS devices managed by a hosted AirWatch instance.You'll sweep us off our feet if:
You'll make an impact by:
- You're a technologist who solves problems in creative ways
- You're organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- You're experienced at explaining technical nuances to non-technical audiences
- You have an eye for detail and participate in deeply technical problem-solving and solutioning
- You're passionate about acquiring and disseminating knowledge
- You're prepared to grow and fully develop your skills as a technologist
- Participating in the implementation of technical solutions and building technology roadmaps that drive automation, security, and process improvements
- Partnering across multiple internal teams and external vendors to drive challenging and impactful projects
- Partnering with customers and business partners to understand their needs and making recommendations against those needs
- Participating in the development of enterprise system solutions that will benefit customers and stakeholders by being flexible and scalable while delivering on customer needs
- Demonstrating up to date expertise by staying current on industry trends and vendor-partner updates
- Exercising good judgment in adhering to company policies to keep Walmart's associates, customers, and systems safe and in compliance
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Work with the team to ensure the mobile devices in the clubs are highly available, secure, and fully capable of meeting application service level requirements.
- Anticipate and prepare for future demands, both from a capacity and capability standpoint.
- Work with multiple engineering teams and required stakeholders to support the testing and rollout of mobile applications to production
- Support and assist in strategic decisions, and partner with the team on developing roadmaps
- Diagnose, identify, and resolve issues by working with support teams, and identify ways to proactively solve those issues in the future
- Develop and implement automated proactive monitoring systems that can be scaled to the Walmart enterprise environment.
- Identify and act upon opportunities for continuous improvement
- Publish support documentation to assist staff with solutioning
Preferred Technical Experience:
- 3+ years experience in managing mobile devices using AirWatch or other comparable MDM platform
- 3+ years in supporting a medium or large enterprise environment technology platforms
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of end-user computing technologies including corporate mobile solutions, portable computing solutions (handheld devices, tablets), wearables, and other edge devices/sensors
- Demonstrates hands-on experience building, administrating, troubleshooting Mobile Devices (Android, and iOS) in a highly distributed environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Mobile Operating Systems like Android, and iOS. Also, knowledge and preferably hands-on experience developing apps on Android and/or iOS.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, including VPNs, Wi-Fi; Cellular Networks, and carriers in the United States
- Experience in handling product transition, rollouts
- Flexible, customer-focused, strong work ethic and enthusiastic to learn new skills
- Experience in partnering with 3rd party product providers
- Comfortable working in an Agile team environment
- Demonstrates hands-on experience developing solutions for Mobile Device Management (MDM), specifically Airwatch.
- Experience with Python (or other development language), developing and/or supporting API development for the AirWatch environment
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 2 years' OR Master of Science and 1 year's systems engineering experience OR 4 years' systems engineering experience Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America