Position Summary...What you'll do...
As a Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customer and associates. To do this, you'll need to think visually, using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate design concepts. You'll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing), in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Product Designer at Walmart could be the fit you've been looking for.Who will love this role:
What you will be doing:
- A doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will go the extra mile for the company's success and our user's happiness.
- An empathetic problem solver who puts the customer first, and enjoys discovering opportunities by diving deep into the customer experience.
- A team player who enjoys working cross-functionally to make the best design and can handle anything that comes your way.
- An optimist who knows strategies will shift and priorities will change but approaches each day as a new opportunity to create the best experience for our customers and business.
What we expect of you:
- Create user experience solutions across several projects.
- Design customer journeys, frameworks, flows, wireframes, and prototypes to meet our customer goals.
- Collaborate and partner with engineering, product management, data science (among other stakeholders) to find solutions to deliver value to Walmart customers.
- Maintain and adhere to brand and personality guidelines to create a consistent experience.
- Evangelize the design process by promoting the purpose of design and the impact that it makes.
- 3+ years of experience in UX or relevant field in a consumer-focused business/product
- You are a systems thinker
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business strategy, goals, and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Experience working in an agile and/or lean environment
- Startup experience is a plus
- Bachelor's and 2 years of experience; OR Master's and 1 year of experience; OR 3 years of experience
- Degree in Product Design or Human Computer interaction or similar
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 1 year's design experience OR Masters Degree OR 3 years' design experience Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America