Position Summary...What you'll do...Senior Designer - Health & Wellness
About the Team
The Health & Wellness team builds products to help millions of customers & patients with some of their deepest needs related to personal health. You'll look after the design omnichannel solutions that deliver care to millions of people across our pharmacy, optical, and clinical offerings. You will collaborate across teams to ensure we are serving the whole patient as they navigate their personal health journey. Innovating on the world's biggest stage, you'll get to deliver customer-centric solutions at scale before they walk in the door, after their care occasion, and every step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As a Sr. Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customer and associates. To do this, you'll need to think visually, using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate design concepts. You'll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing), in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Product Designer at Walmart could be the fit you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- A fantastic portfolio of elegant design solutions and can turn these into functioning prototypes.
- You are a "jack of all trades" and willing to dip your toes into the unknown and experiment with new technologies.
- You can see problems from various angles to solve complex challenges.
- Ability to communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
- Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces.
- Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast).
- The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent website.
- Producing great work in short timeframes, multitask across different projects and platforms, and adapt to the business's ever-changing priorities.
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
You'll make an impact by:
- Leading in the creation of business, consumer, and associate product experiences.
- Thinking holistically - about the customers using our products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences.
- Solving complex problems and working with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
- Bachelor's and 3 years of experience; OR Master's and 2 year of experience; OR 4 years of experience
- Degree in Product Design or Human Computer interaction or similar
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience.
1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS). Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design Primary Location...
2001 SE 10th St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America